With Le’Veon Bell publicly showing disdain for Adam Gase – who has been underusing the RB – should Jets GM Joe Douglas explore trading Bell?
As the Jets’ season is already a lost cause less than halfway through October, fans are turning their attention to the future and looking to clean house.
Potential trades have been a hot topic among the fanbase, particularly concerning two of New York’s marquee offensive stars, Le’Veon Bell and Sam Darnold. Bell could be shopped ahead of the Nov. 3 trade deadline, while Darnold may hit the market after the season if he and the team fail to forge a turnaround.
Bell’s future with the team is up in the air. The Jets can escape from his deal after the season, and at the moment, he is being underused and mismanaged by Adam Gase. Bell has been complaining publicly about his lack of touches via likes on Twitter of posts criticizing Gase. Could Joe Douglas look to shop Bell at the deadline?
If the Jets continue on their current path and secure the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, they will most likely select Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence, which would presumably put Sam Darnold on the trade block. What could Darnold fetch in a trade?
On the newest Cool Your Jets, Ben Blessington and Michael Nania break down how the league may value Bell and Darnold on the trade market. In addition, they answer mailbag questions surrounding Chris Herndon‘s slow start, Chuma Edoga‘s performance, when Gase might be fired, which current members of the team will remain in 2021, and plenty more.
- Top head coach candidates? – 8:12
- Dream selection with Seahawks’ draft pick? – 12:47
- Thoughts on Chuma Edoga? – 18:44
- Who could the Jets deal at the trade deadline? – 22:07
- When will the Jets fire Adam Gase? – 27:07
- What percentage chance is it that the Jets finish 0-16? – 33:05
- Why has Chris Herndon regressed? – 37:57
- What is fair trade compensation for Sam Darnold? – 41:28
- Could Gase be fired after this week’s Dolphins game? – 48:33
- Will the Jets be able to rely on Denzel Mims? – 50:54
- Offensive line options in free agency? – 55:37
- Should the Jets change their uniforms? – 59:14
- Was Joe Flacco as elite as expected? – 1:02:53
- Why does Gase refuse to use Le’Veon Bell? – 1:05:02
- Which current Jets will be on the 2021 roster? – 1:08:41
Audio Version available to members only: Learn more here
Want More NY Jets News & Jets X-Factor Content?
Download the free Jet X Mobile App to get customizable notifications directly to your iOS (App Store) or Google/Android (Google Play) device.
Add Jets X-Factor to your Google News feed to stay up to date with the New York Jets.
Join the official Jets Discord community to connect with likeminded fans.