New York Jets injury report for Cincinnati Bengals game: Plenty of good news
The New York Jets have released their final injury report ahead of their Week 3 game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Despite its apparent lengthiness, it actually features quite a bit of promising news for New York.
- QB Zach Wilson (knee): Out
- WR Corey Davis (knee): Questionable
- OL George Fant (knee): Questionable
- S Jordan Whitehead (calf): Questionable
- DL Quinnen Williams (foot): Questionable
- TE C.J. Uzomah (hamstring): Questionable
- DL John Franklin-Myers (toe/quad): Questionable
All six of the players listed as questionable are expected to play on Sunday. It’s a positive development after each of those players dealt with minor ailments throughout the week.
Uzomah will make his return to the lineup after sitting out in Week 2 due to a hamstring injury. He returns just in time to take on his former team.
As for Wilson, he is set to miss his third consecutive game, which has always been expected. Next week’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers marks the earliest point that Wilson could return based on the timetable projected by Robert Saleh ahead of Week 1.
NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday that Wilson’s practice work was ramped up this week with the goal of getting him “to the point where he is a full go by the time they get to Steelers week.”
The Bengals also released their injury report:
- OT La’el Collins (back): Questionable
- TE Hayden Hurst (groin): Questionable
- LB Germaine Pratt (knee): Doubtful
- TE Drew Sample (knee): Out
Starting linebacker Germaine Pratt and No. 2 tight end Drew Sample will miss the game. Cincinnati’s top tight end, Hayden Hurst, will be ready to play despite being listed as questionable. Right tackle La’el Collins’s status remains up in the air. Collins did not practice this week with a back injury, but head coach Zac Taylor is optimistic about Collins’s chances of playing.