NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Week 16: Bet on the underdogs
The holiday season is upon us as we are treated to a full weekend of NFL football. On Saturday, there are 11 NFL games, including many that will impact playoff scenarios. On Christmas Day, the NFL has produced a Thanksgiving-like schedule with three games covering the whole day.
It should be a great weekend of football so let’s get into our NFL best bets for Week 16.
All odds via FanDuel Sportsbook
Week 16 NFL Lines
- New York Giants @ Minnesota Vikings: -3.5
- New Orleans Saints @ Cleveland Browns: -2.5
- Detroit Lions @ Carolina Panthers: +2.5
- Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots: +3
- Buffalo Bills @ Chicago Bears: +8.5
- Houston Texans @ Tennesse Titans: -3.5
- Seattle Seahawks @ Kansas City Chiefs: -10
- Atlanta Falcons @ Baltimore Ravens: -6.5
- Washington Commanders @ San Francisco 49ers: -7
- Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys: -4
- Las Vegas Raiders @ Pittsburgh Steelers: -2.5
- Green Bay Packers @ Miami Dolphins: -3.5
- Denver Broncos @ Los Angeles Rams: +3
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Arizona Cardinals: +8
- Los Angeles Chargers @ Indianapolis Colts: +4.5
NFL Best Bets
Cincinnati Bengals @ New England Patriots
After the New York Jets lost on Thursday night to the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Bengals clinched a spot in the playoffs. The Patriots, however, have a more difficult road if they want to get in. They probably have to win out and that starts with the Bengals on Saturday.
New England’s defense matches up pretty well with the Bengals. Although the Bengals’ offensive line has gotten better since last season, they still give up plenty of sacks. They rank 24th in the NFL in sacks allowed and are going up against a Patriots defense that is third in the league in sacks.
Furthermore, the Bengals rank 26th in the league in rushing yards while New England’s defense ranks 9th-best at preventing rushing yards.
I think the Patriots will be able to keep this game close as home underdogs. Their defense is one of the best in the league and the offense should perform better when they are operating at Gillette Stadium.
The play: New England Patriots +3 (-105)
Green Bay Packers @ Miami Dolphins
This is another game New York Jets fans will be watching closely. The Packers will head to Miami for a 1 p.m. Christmas Day game against the Dolphins. This has major playoff implications for the Jets as the AFC is getting tighter and tighter.
The Packers should be able to move the ball well in this game. The Dolphins’ defense has had trouble stopping the pass all year. They rank 27th in the NFL allowing 246 passing yards per game. The Packers are not the most potent passing attack, but I anticipate them being able to take advantage of a bad Dolphins defense.
The Dolphins have one of the best passing offenses in the NFL averaging almost 274 yards per game. One of the very few things the Packers have done well this year is stop the pass on defense. They rank second in the NFL only allowing 185.1 passing yards per game. This should help the Packers as the Dolphins do not run the ball well enough to beat them.
I think the Packers have a great shot to win this game but I will take them with the points.
The play: Green Bay Packers: +3.5