Underdogs are appealing for NFL bettors in Week 2
Week 2 NFL Lines
All odds via Fanduel Sportsbook.
- Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons: +1.5
- Chicago Bears @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: -2.5
- Seattle Seahawks @ Detriot Lions: -4.5
- Las Vegas Raiders @ Buffalo Bills: -8.5
- Los Angeles Chargers @ Tennesse Titans: +2.5
- Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans: -1
- Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals: -3
- Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars: +3.5
- San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams: +7
- New York Giants @ Arizona Cardinals: -4.5
- New York Jets @ Dallas Cowboys: +8.5
- Washington Commanders @ Denver Broncos: -3.5
- Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots: +2.5
- New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers: +3
- Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers: +2.5
Let’s take a look at our NFL best bets for Week 2.
Seattle Seahawks @ Detriot Lions
The Seattle Seahawks laid an egg last week after a surprising playoff run in 2022. They lost to the division rival Los Angeles Rams in their own building by a blowout score of 30-13. Meanwhile, the Detroit Lions went into Arrowhead Stadium and narrowly beat the defending Super Bowl champions Kansas City Chiefs.
However, when digging deeper into Detroit’s win, it was not that impressive. To start, Kansas City was without two All-Pros in Travis Kelce and Chris Jones. Also, the Lions needed a deflected pick-6 to win the game.
Detroit’s offense performed well, gaining 368 total yards including 250 through the air. However, they only scored 14 points on offense. The Lions’ defense slowed the Chiefs down, but Kansas City’s offense beat itself through a multitude of drops – specifically on the final drive where they had many chances to get into field goal range.
I think this is a great buy-low spot for Seattle and like them to keep it close in Detroit.
The play: Seattle Seahawks +5.5
New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers
The Carolina Panthers came into the 2023 season with little expectations. With a rookie quarterback and a new head coach, everyone knows this will be a rebuilding year for the Panthers.
The Panthers lost in Week 1 by a final score of 24-10, but the score does not represent how close this game was. Carolina outgained the Falcons by 60 yards and held Atlanta to only 91 passing yards. Entering the fourth quarter, the game was tied 10-10 before the Falcons pulled away late.
The Panthers have a recipe for success with a rookie quarterback. They have a good rushing attack and strong defense. In 2022, the Panthers finished 10th in the NFL in rushing yards per game (130.0). They ran for 154 yards in Week 1.
Derek Carr looked decent in his first game in New Orleans when looking at the stat sheet. He threw for 350 yards and added one touchdown and interception. In spite of throwing for 350 yards, the Saints offense struggled to find the end zone. They only scored one touchdown despite being gifted a short field multiple times.
I expect the Panthers to win this game outright in Bryce Young’s first game at Bank of America Stadium.
The play: Carolina Panthers +3