Michael Nania analyzes the efficiency of Adam Gase‘s Jets offense at every down-and-distance in 2019.
All data is regarding the Jets’ offensive performance from Weeks 6-17 of 2019 – the span following Sam Darnold‘s return to the lineup against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 6.
For each distance-to-go on first, second, and third down, I have listed the following:
- Total plays, yards, and first downs accumulated by the Jets
- Average yards per play
- Percentage of plays recording a first down
- Percentage of plays running a passing play (play ended in pass attempt or sack)
- The NFL league averages in yards per play, first down rate, and pass ratio
- How the Jets’ rates compare to the NFL league averages
- Net totals – how the Jets’ totals in yards and first downs compared to what they would have accumulated if they performed at the league average level
The data tells plenty of interesting stories. Let’s jump into things with a look at the Jets’ performance on 1st & 10.