The world thinks the New York Jets will follow up defense with offense in the top 10
We can do that with the website NFL Mock Draft Database. It features a consistently-updated consensus mock draft that draws from hundreds of the newest mock drafts created by writers across the internet. Each team selects the available player that is most commonly mocked to them among the mock drafts in the site’s database.
Looking at the latest consensus mock draft – which is based on data from mocks that were published over the past two weeks (as of the morning of April 21) – the Jets are expected to make a surprising decision at number four overall.
With the fourth overall pick, the consensus mock draft says the Jets will select Cincinnati cornerback Sauce Gardner, who is mocked to New York at No. 4 in 27% of the data sample’s mocks.
More interesting than the selection of Gardner itself is the fact that the Jets pass on Oregon edge rusher Kayvon Thibodeaux to make it. The draft’s top three selections are Michigan edge rusher Aidan Hutchinson (Jaguars), Georgia edge rusher Travon Walker (Lions), and Alabama offensive tackle Evan Neal (Texans). Thibodeaux is there for New York to snag, but it seems more mock-drafters are expecting them to take Gardner in this scenario.
With the 10th overall pick, the Jets select USC wide receiver Drake London, who is sent to New York in 23% of mocks. The Jets choose him over players like Notre Dame safety Kyle Hamilton, Alabama wide receiver Jameson Williams, Purdue edge rusher George Karlaftis, and Florida State edge rusher Jermaine Johnson.
Here is a look at the top 10 picks of the latest consensus mock draft (picks from last two weeks as of April 21):
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan (67% of picks)
- Detroit Lions: Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia (25%)
- Houston Texans: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama (25%)
- New York Jets: Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (27%)
- New York Giants: Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (30%)
- Carolina Panthers: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pittsburgh (38%)
- New York Giants: Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon (17%)
- Atlanta Falcons: Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State (35%)
- Seattle Seahawks: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State (23%)
- New York Jets: Drake London, WR, USC (23%)
How would you feel about this first-round haul for the Jets?