The New York Jets’ 2023 draft class featured seven players
The New York Jets’ 2023 draft class is complete. After entering the weekend with five selections, the Jets ended up making seven selections following two trade-down moves on the third day of the draft.
Here is the Jets’ 2023 draft class:
- Round 1, Pick 15: Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State
- Round 2, Pick 43: Joe Tippmann, C, Wisconsin
- Round 4, Pick 120: Carter Warren, OT, Pittsburgh
- Round 5, Pick 143: Israel Abanikanda, RB, Pittsburgh
- Round 6, Pick 184: Zaire Barnes, LB, Western Michigan
- Round 6, Pick 204: Jarrick Bernard-Converse, CB, LSU
- Round 7, Pick 220: Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion
The Jets closed out their 2023 draft class with two selections outside of the top 200 they acquired in a trade-down with the Las Vegas Raiders. New York sent pick No. 170 to Las Vegas in exchange for Nos. 204 and 220.
At No. 204, the Jets picked Jarrick Bernard-Converse, a cornerback from LSU who has good size, athleticism, and tackling skills but carries major questions in coverage. A move to safety could be in the cards.
With the 220th pick, the Jets brought in Zack Kuntz, who is an athletic freak for the tight end position. Kuntz recorded a perfect Relative Athletic Score of 10.00. At 6-foot-7 and 255 pounds, Kuntz ran the 40 in 4.55 seconds and recorded a 40-inch vertical jump. Despite his remarkable traits, Kuntz only caught 12 passes for 144 yards in five games last season. He needs to learn how to translate his tools into production.
This is the fourth draft class put together by general manager Joe Douglas in his tenure with the franchise. If it is anywhere close to as good as the class Douglas amassed in 2022, Jets fans will be thrilled.