NFL odds, picks, lines, spreads for Week 8: Your best bet is to back the underdogs
Through the first seven weeks of the NFL season, we’ve had some ups and downs with our picks, having some great weeks and some not as great. At this point, we are 11-6 against the spread in our picks. We look to continue that upward trajectory as the midway point in the regular season approaches.
Let’s get into Jets X-Factor’s best bets for Week 8’s slate.
All odds via Fanduel Sportsbook
Week 8 NFL Lines and Odds
- Denver Broncos @ Jacksonville Jaguars: -2.5
- Chicago Bears @ Dallas Cowboys: -10
- Las Vegas Raiders @ New Orleans Saints: +1.5
- Carolina Panthers @ Atlanta Falcons: -4
- Pittsburgh Steelers @ Philadelphia Eagles: -10.5
- Miami Dolphins @ Detroit Lions: +3.5
- Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings: -3.5
- New England Patriots @ New York Jets: +2.5
- Tennessee Titans @ Houston Texans: +2.5
- New York Giants @ Seattle Seahawks: -3
- Washington Commanders @ Indianapolis Colts: -3
- San Francisco 49ers @ Los Angeles Rams: +1.5
- Green Bay Packers @ Buffalo Bills: -10.5
- Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns: +3.5
NFL Best Bets
Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings
The Arizona Cardinals are only 3-4 and haven’t been very good since starting 7-0 last season. In Week 7, they got DeAndre Hopkins back after he was serving his six-game suspension for violating the league’s PED policy. Hopkins was back to his old self, racking up 10 catches for 103 yards. He will be a massive help for Arizona the rest of the way.
The Minnesota Vikings seem to be a tad overvalued in this spot. The stats back this up as Kliff Kingsbury is 21-9-2 against the spread as an underdog which is including 15-3-2 on the road, per Brandon Anderson of the Action Network.
Minnesota has had a light schedule to start the regular season. The combined record of teams the Vikings have beaten this year is 13-23. The only top team they have played is the Philadelphia Eagles, and they lost by 17 points.
I expect Arizona to cover this game and possibly win outright.
The play: Arizona Cardinals +3.5
Green Bay Packers @ Buffalo Bills
The Green Bay Packers have had a nightmare season by their standards. They are 3-4 and riding a three-game losing streak to the New York Giants, New York Jets, and Washington Commanders. Things do not get any easier this week as they are set to fly to Buffalo for a primetime game against the Bills.
I think Green Bay is a little undervalued here. If the Packers want to keep this game close or even win the game, they will have to run the ball. A.J. Dillon and Aaron Jones have to carry the Packers’ offense to third down and manageable.
Green Bay is ranked 25th in third down conversion percentage at just above 35%. If they can improve on that number to shorten the game, they should have a chance to keep the score close.
Lastly, I know the Packers have been dreadful all year on offense, but if they are giving Aaron Rodgers 10.5 points, I will take a shot on it.
The Play: Green Bay Packers +10.5