New York Jets expected to target the offense in round one
The website NFL Mock Draft Database features a consensus mock draft that is constantly updated each day. It pulls data from hundreds of mock drafts by writers across the internet to create a mock draft that summarizes the world’s consensus prediction.
In the consensus mock draft, each team selects the available player who is most commonly mocked to them. In other words, if the No. 1 most commonly mocked player to the Jets is not available, the Jets will take the player who is the second-most commonly mocked to them. If No. 2 is not available, they go to No. 3, and so forth.
Read More Jet X Content:
There are no trades in the consensus mock.
As of the morning of February 1, here are the top 15 picks of the first round in the consensus mock draft:
- Chicago Bears: Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama (Mocked to Chicago in 53% of mocks)
- Houston Texans: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama (71%)
- Arizona Cardinals: Jalen Carter, DL, Georgia (26%)
- Indianapolis Colts: C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State (53%)
- Seattle Seahawks: Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech (59%)
- Detroit Lions: Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois (19%)
- Las Vegas Raiders: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky (27%)
- Atlanta Falcons: Myles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson (33%)
- Carolina Panthers: Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida (38%)
- Philadelphia Eagles: Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon (31%)
- Tennessee Titans: Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State (39%)
- Houston Texans: Quentin Johnson, WR, TCU (32%)
- New York Jets: Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern (21%)
- New England Patriots: Jordan Addison, WR, USC (19%)
- Green Bay Packers: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame (19%)
Play: 👉 the Jet X Offseason Simulator
Per the internet consensus, the New York Jets are currently projected to select Northwestern offensive tackle Peter Skoronski with the 13th overall pick. Skoronski goes to New York in 21% of the mock drafts utilized by NFL Mock Draft Database.
Skoronski is actually the second-most commonly mocked player to the Jets. Ohio State offensive tackle Paris Johnson Jr. has the lead with a 25% share. However, Johnson goes to the Titans with the 11th overall pick in the consensus mock draft, leaving Skoronski to the Jets.
It seems clear that the NFL world fully expects Joe Douglas and the Jets to beef up their offensive line with the 13th overall pick.
Audio Version available to members only: Learn more here
Want More NY Jets News & Jets X-Factor Content?
Download the free Jet X Mobile App to get customizable notifications directly to your iOS (App Store) or Google/Android (Google Play) device.
Add Jets X-Factor to your Google News feed to stay up to date with the New York Jets.
Join the official Jets Discord community to connect with likeminded fans.